Approx. 240g crab meat – 2 small or 1 medium/large dressed crab, white/brown meat separated (you can use frozen crab for ease)
1 litre fish stock
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
200g risotto rice
70ml white wine
salt and pepper for seasoning
2 tbsp Rodda’s clotted cream
pinch of saffron
juice from half a lemon
small bunch of chives
- Heat the fish stock in a pan slowly and allow to simmer.
- In a second pan, melt the butter, then add the chopped shallots and garlic. Gently cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to let the buttery mixture coat it. Slowly add the wine, stirring until it has disappeared.
- Add the stock a ladleful at a time, waiting until the rice has absorbed it before adding the next ladleful. Continue until all stock is fully incorporated; this should take about 40 minutes.
- Keep the rice on the heat until soft. Sprinkle in the saffron and remove from the heat.
- Add Rodda’s clotted cream along with the brown crab meat and stir through the risotto.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the risotto and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with the white meat and chopped chives.